Sunday, March 12, 2006

This week

This week has been a very slow week for knitting for me. I was VERY busy at work, the Math tests are finally over. I just need to do the make up tests for some students and package them for scoring.
I'm still working on a very boring pair of socks. I like the way they fit and I like the pattern BUT the yarn is very boring. You could just buy these socks. I love using yarns from Socks That Rock, Koigu, and other colorful ones. I got this yarn on sale and it knits up nicely and they are warm useful socks but they just are tedious to look at!
I ordered a few knitting books and they all came this week. Now I own, Not Just Socks by Sandi Rosner, Confessions of a Knitting Heritic by Annie Modesitt and Knitting Over the Edge by Nicky Epstein. I also got another order of WOL and a tote pattern to felt.
I've done very little knitting this week and weekend. I went to a play, The Rabbithole and out to dinner on Sat. Then to the Sugarloaf Craft Fair on Sunday. I've also worked on more soaps and now I am finally soaped out for my Spring shows, now on to wrapping and making creams, scrubs, lotions, whipped butters, lips balms. OH just the thought of it makes me want to run and knit even if the socks are boring.

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I so agree...I hate knitting with boring yarn! I like color...I like excitement...and LOVE those self patterning yarns!