Thursday, August 31, 2006

First Day Back at Work

Today was my first day back at work. I went in on Tuesday just to set up and prepare but today was my first day with responsibilities. I did two workshops and they both went well. My topic was Moving Towards Algebraic Thinking in the Elementary Grades. I didn't let anyone know the theme until the end or some people would have objected! I'm also seeing lots of people for the first time since Bob died and as much as I appreciate their good wishes and condolences it get hard and I felt weepy too much today. I made plans to go to Park Slope on Sept 16th to see the Yarn Harlot in person. I plan on bringing one of my own socks in progress along for the visit! I'm making good progress on my fan and feather scarf and I have used so little of the cone of white silk wool lace weight yarn I got from the jagger, zepher coop that I think I may not need to ever buy lace weight until I am ready for retirement!or later. It feels so soft and comfy. I'm thinking of doing one for my grandmother's 95th birthday. She is ALWAYS cold and this soft scarf would be nice tucked into her sweaters etc.

3 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Sorry today was so hard, Frances.

Denise in PA said...

Here's to better days at work. I can only imagine how hard this is for you.

The Yarn Harolt! You lucky devil...I want details! :)

kelle said...

Hi Frances,
You're on the UFO list! The silk & wool scarf sounds wonderful