Monday, January 15, 2007

Another entrelac weekend

Last weekend I was zipping along on side one of an entrelac vest. I was using a sketchy brief pattern but mostly working from my head. ALL seemed well until I tried to recreate side two. I found out that if pattern that tells you to continue in pattern it is worth jack if you don't know the pattern well. I don't understand entrelac as well as I thought I did and my memory is useless and constantly holding the two peices togther leads to lots of wishfull thinking followed by fits of frogging. It's a good thing I like to knit because this simple vest could have been an afgan by now! AND a large afgan at that. I think I am finished with side two but I am going to let it rest a bit before I decide if I can live with it or not. Now on to the back which is pretty plain and just black . Seems rather welcoming now!

3 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Are you coming tonight? Bring the vest pieces!

Amanda Cathleen said...

ack! I hate directions like that! You'll be able to figure it out, your one smart cookie : )

Denise in PA said...

I'm sure glad it's you working on that vest and not me...I wouldn't stand a chance! Remember the time I had with that velor yarn vest you had to help me with???