Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Vest Weekend




I had lots of plans for the weekend. I was going to finish getting ALL the Christmas stuff put away, do a really good grocery shopping and so on!!!! BUT now that I am released from scarf slavery I got to start on a new entrelac vest. I got the yarn for this when I was in Pennsylvania and it has been calling to me. I'm using a pattern which is like on of my grandmother's recipes. If you don't know how to do it already the pattern is very little help. I'm not doing regular entrelac but I doing "garterlac" . I can't remember when I downloaded it but I made a dishcloth from it last summer. I'm using those directions and pretty much making up the rest as I go. I love the way the colors are coming out. I wanted a random look and the squares are coming out in a similar but different way on the second side. I'm using Noro Kureyon, color 128 and I love the color sequence. It is much more subtle and not so garish as the picture! I really want to finish this and wear it! I have not been able to put it down all weekend.

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Great progress - Are you coming tomorrow to show us in person?

Denise in PA said...

I LOVE that yarn even more now that it is knitted up! I started a pair of socks for my sister...and have promised a scarf to a girl I work with. I need to get somewhere for yarn for her scarf...would you believe I have nothing suitable in my stash??? Hmmm, me thinks my stash must not be large enough! :)))

Amanda Cathleen said...

your zipping right along! You'll have it done in no time. Can't wait to see more pics : )

Anonymous said...

I love this. Can you show me entralac? I have so many things I want to do and this is definitely on my list...

Deb