Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers and children who are celebrating! I just finished my part of Mother's Day at my house. For the last few years, I've been doing a Mother's Day Brunch at my house. I make tons of muffins and scones, homemade waffles with real whip cream and fresh strawberries, tons of bacon and sausages and mimosas. This year the weather cooperated and we ate outside using the new table, chairs and umbrella my kids gave me for Mother's Day. I sent everyone home with bags of muffins and scones, the dog ate the few leftover bits of bacon and sausage and it's 5:20 and I already have the tablecloths and napkins in the dishwasher! My daughter and I may go out for Japanese food later or we may just stay in! Steven is working in Florida for a few weeks and he called very early to beat his sister in saying Happy Mother's Day!

I gave my sisters and mother and grandmother "a green bag of goodies" They each got a reusable shopping tote filled with handmade soaps, a knitted facecloth, some "ShamWows" gotta watch late night infomercials to know what that is ! I received a beautiful pitcher of polish pottery and some lovely flowers.


My friend's husband is rebuilding a closet for us in my living room. He already fixed my backyard gate, two broken drawers in my kitchen and re nailed a piece of siding that was flapping. His next project is going to be sheet rocking what used to be a storage spot as a hanging out room for Caroline. If he wasn't my friend's husband I'd marry him!!!!!

And now I'm going to go upstairs and put my feet up and knit on my Mr. Green Jeans sweater.

2 comments:

Siercia said...

Happy mother's day!

Sounds like a delightful way to spend it.

vegasangelbrat said...

Happy Mothers Day Frances! sounded like a wonderful time!