Monday, February 16, 2009

the Secret to FOs



I am on vacation. This weekend, I did not teach Sat school, or visit the nursing home, or grocery shop, vacuum, wash the kitchen floor, cook anything or really go out much. What did I do? Knit, do laundry, knit, shower and get back into a clean nightgown then knit some more! I stayed up to 2:15 last night and really enjoyed finishing the rib warmer.

The rib warmer was made from noro. I always mess up on EZ paterns because I tend to skim them and you CANNOT skim her patters. EVERY word matters. This was a fun short row knit and I tried it on last night and it is so warm and warms without adding bulk.

NOW I have tons of new projects calling, Hanne Falkenburg's Trivoli kit, a beautiful Sunday River vest/sweater, the Elsbeth Lavold silky wool Or more ufo then I can to list PLUS at least three sweaters' worth of yarn from Stitches and some Malibregio calling my name.

1 comment:

Katya said...

Wow, sounds like a GRAND vacation. Good for you, taking some time to do what you love. Seems like others want to make us feel guilty in doing so, but we ALL need to get some fresh energy by just finding time to do some "me" things every now and then!!!!

Lovely rib-warmer. I had not heard of these before, but it sounds fabulous!!!!