Saturday, February 04, 2006

Restocking and trying something new



I sold out of every cream, lotion and scrub that I make shortly after Christmas. Last weekend I did scrubs and a few lotions today was the start of restocking creams, tomorrow I'll start tackling the whipped butters and make at least one or two soaps or I sneak off to the movies or if I have the energy do both! Now I have my least favorite task to do, label, seal and shrink wrap all the stuff, it's worse then weaving in ends or seaming up pieces! I did try something new today I worked on felting soap. I took wool roving and covered soaps with them to make soaps with a felted layer, soaps in a sweater. I saw a demo of this this fall at a soap gathering and I 've been planning on doing it ever since. I ordered the roving right away then realized that I didn't have time to play with these until after the Christmas rush so I decided to make them my swap project for my annual Ringing in the New Swap. I host a swap on Soapnuts every year to try something new. This is my contribution this year. They were kind of fun to make but pretty time consuming so I don't know if I'll ever sell them. I do like the wool roving around a face bar as a very nice way to use facial soap.

4 comments:

Tarragon said...

wow. you really like lotion.

trek said...

That roving covering is a really cool idea - mixes your two big passions, too!

Denise in PA said...

I love your choice of colors! Have fun with that labeling and shrink wrapping! ;)

Anne in NJ said...

The butters and balms you brought to the Monday knitting group were really nice. I'm looking for something to try on my rough heels. Anything to recommend?