Sunday, March 09, 2008

Two Yarn Shops and a Class in ONE Day

Right now, I'm having hugely busy time at work. I've been working a series of long stressful days and finding very little time to knit. Friday, I got home from work at 10:30 PM and either had to go back and work at school on Sat or get up as usual at 5:00 to get some work done and e mailed in before 9:30 because on Sat.night I had a class planned at Anglefire Studio with Annie Modissete (SP?). The class was not until the evening BUT I had a broken nail and I was not taking a knitting class missing a nail nor am I going through the round of meetings scheduled for next week with a broken nail. After all not one person will notice all the weight I am gaining back if my nails look good. (Well at least I hope!)

Well, I'm just going on and on and going off my topic but in my mail there was a postcard that yet another LYS is closing up! Another owner going off to knit from stash and enjoy her family. SO now our only really local knitting shop is a store I really prefer to avoid BUT there was a big sale starting SAT. and my knitting friends who are really on the ball had already arranged for us to meet early shop there, then eat out and go on the our class. The sale was great, the dinner lovely and the class a treat! AND I hit the sale basket at the shop class and now it is official I need to live to at least 106 because I have enough yarn to knit for another 50 YEARS.

Today, I spend most of the day working again, calming my principal down about our Quality Review and baking a cheese cake for my friend's birthday. TWO more days of craziness at work then a breather for two days before I start a three week project where I will be working 7 days a week, 12 hour days during the week PLUS commuting and a shorter day on the weekend. When I'm finished I'll have lots of extra money to buy enough yarn to knit for the next 100 years.

No comments: