Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Knitpick Needle breaks

Friday night while I was watching the debates yet another of my cables from my knitpicks set broke. This time the cable separated from the connector that joins it to the needle. I have also had the cable break while still attached to the needle, the needle tips separate from the metal part and also received several broken wooden needles still sealed in the shipping bags!

Now, I will acknowledge that watching a certain person involved in the debate makes me want to pull out my hair, so I might have been yanking my needles with a little more force then usual. I love using these Knitpick needles but so far I'm concerned about their durability! I've had mixed results with customer service. They need to find you in their customer service logs to replace the needles. They could not find records of several of my needle purchases and foolish me I didn't keep copies so they would not replace my sock needles even if I mailed them back in. Sat. morning they did find the record of my set and are sending me a replacement but I was asked "How old my set was?" so now I'm wondering if the replacements will be time limited. I have other needles that are years and years old. Occasionally I break a needle, not often. I stopped using Brittany Birch dpns because although they were willing to replace them I realized that I bent them too much the way I used them. I have used circular needles for years and NEVER had a problem except with Knitpicks. SO I guess the moral of this is that in the long run you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

Katya said...

Oh how frustrating to break a needle! I have never had that happen. When I began knitting back a few years ago, my mom gave me a lot of old needles she had picked up at household sales. If I needed more, I went to WalMart and bought the aluminum "Bates" needles. Well, guess what? When I go to look at the knitting needles, there is 1 of this and 1 of that. My needles DISAPPEARED! Yes, they abandoned me! I have NO idea where they went, but I am suspicious that perhaps there are raccoons and foxes in the woods knitting with MY needles!!!! Yes, I have also "misplaced" silverware and other things....Makes me want to scream, but what good would it do?