Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Autumn Coffee Swap

About Your Yarn Passion

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn?

I knit, can crochet --just hate it :).
I learned about 52 years ago!

2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?

I knit on all sorts of needles. I usually switch them to suit the project I'm working on. I have just about anything I need or want.

3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others?

I love sock knitting but I've been on a sweater and vest run.

4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
Right now I have a gansey, the Lady Feb sweater, a mistaken stitch scarf and a generic sock going. Everything else is pretty much abandoned, I just may not have admitted it yet. My oldest UFO ? Who know what might turn up at some point.
5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you?
I would grab my sock project and depending on how I'm going both of my current sweater projects. If I had to pack light I would go with totally socks.

6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try?
I love working with natural yarns especially wool. I hate working with yarns that feel slick or crunchy when I work with them. I have no new yarn wish list right now.

7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand?
I'm not a pastel person. I love greens, blues and reds. I enjoy working with the wonderful dyed yarns but I also love working with yarns in their natural colors.
Your Coffee Passion

1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not?
TO ME if isn't not caffeinated, I don't bother!

2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press?
I use whole beans. I use either an automated grind and brew pot or a french press.

3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? I am a dark and robust coffee person. I'll drink french vanilla but flavored coffees are not my favorite.

4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? I take my coffee black and no sugar.
5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine?It's both!!!!

6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? I go to Starbucks when ever I can and my budget groans!

7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? My coffee would be in a huge mug. In good weather, I want to be outside. For indoor weather my coffee follows me everywhere in the house!

8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?
I LOVE cookies and anything sweet with my coffee and my huge size shows it!

All about YOU!

1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?
I am a quilter and I do redwork.

2. Do you collect anything?
I collect vintage linens especially lacy or doily like items and blue polish pottery.

3. What is your favorite part of Autumn? I love the season change, especially the color of the leaves. I enjoy apple picking and Autumn outings like Rhinbeck!

4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I love patchouli blends, lavender and vanilla for my self. For the house I like fresh and clean-- nothing too floral and I don't like artificial food fragrances.

5. Are you allergic to anything? Iodine

6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? Yes, franhaz

7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day? My ideal fall day would be outside. It could be walking around at the beach. My family has a house at the beach and the ocean and bay are great at this time of the year. I also enjoy taking a trip upstate NY to see the wonderful fall foliage and do something outside like apple or pumpkin picking.

No comments: