Saturday, April 11, 2009

Back Again!

Well, it's been over a month since I posted. The usual excuses, too busy, too tired, etc. Work has been a bear and as usual I'm involved on another improvement project in my house. I have one of my daughter's friends who is an electrician replacing the oldest ugliest fan in my living room with a pretty pendant light and actually installing a light over my dining room table, repairing and replacing outside lights and just moving and replacing old stuff. THEN I had a flood in my downstairs level, due to my own carelessness with my washing machine. It was a blessing in disguise as now I am finally replacing the LAST of the wall to wall carpeting my my house. The old rug was scarred with Bob cigarette burn marks and when wet smelled of the gazillion kitty and puppy accidents AND a huge burn mark when I dropped an iron years ago! Soon, like today or Monday I will have new flooring in the living room, kitchen and foyer!!!!!!! The down side was moving EVERYTHING from my fabric and yarn stash or should I say grave yard of projects.

In spite of all this and mega work at my school I am almost finished with knitting MR Foster,just have to finish off his head, I've been working on a sweater from Interweave and I'm going to get started on my Hanne F sweater again. In addition to several quilts I have in my mental line up. It almost makes furniture moving seem lass stressful!

1 comment:

Katya said...

FRANCES! You are one busy lady! Wow!

It sounds like your house is turning into a pleasant abode that is just so nice!!!! Gads, every time I mention chnging things, Mark thinks of a zillion reasons why we can't.....Argh!!! I am so tired of filthy walls and ugly hardwood floors that need to be redone. Most of our fixes are relatively easy, but Mark puts on the skids anyway....

What is MR Foster? hmmmm......