Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer just rushing by!

I can't believe that summer is almost gone! I've been spending the last few days with my mother who had her gallbladder removed on Monday. She is doing great and I've gotten in some quality knitting time on my adult surprise sweater. I would like to have it finished by the time I go back to school.

Friday, I'm going to bring her up to my sister's house in CT to see my grandmother wh is in the hospital recovering from pneumonia. Never a dull moment around here. I still need to finish my friends's daughter's wedding shower quilt by Sunday! She may get a semifinished quilt and an IOU.

My son is off to work on a show in Canada. The secretary in his office mistakenly booked him a ticket to Ontario, CA instead of Ontario, Canada so he will be getting in late without car or hotel plans set up!

1 comment:

Katya said...

Summer has WHIZZED by!!

Glad to hear your mom is doing well, but sorry to hear your grandmother has been sick...I am sure if the quilt isn't finished, the recipient will be thrilled by an IOU!

That is terrible about your son going the wrong direction, but I can certainly understand the goof up! When I hear "Ontario", I always think of Canada. (and I live in Ontario county!!!)