Wednesday, December 27, 2006

And so Christmas came and went!

Hard to believe that after all the rush and preparation Christmas is already over! We did Christmas Eve here at my house and it went well. We had a small group,my mother, grandmother, my two kids and my semi-daughter Rachel. Things got wild for a while, with the new toilet bowl leaking (clean water Thank God), toilet box and parts all over, my son's girl friend on the cell with him every two minutes, my mother FOUR hours early for dinner AND my mother's dog trying to eat my dog! I took a deep breath, thought about it and decided that none of it was worth getting crazy about! We managed, the toilet is still broken, the dog uneaten, dinner finished and thank goodness all the company gone for a few moments! My nephew gets in today for a few day's visit. He is going to Iraq in early Jan so we will visit with him for the last time for at least a year. He is leaving Friday morning to see his family in New Hampshire. I have lots of outings planned for myself for the rest of the week. I do hope to get some knitting and relaxing in!

No comments: