Friday, May 04, 2007

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go!

I'm leaving this evening to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I've been wanting to go for a few years but the last few years I've taught a Sat. Knitting Club in May and June and could not take the day off. This year I was talking about going with a few people but never really made plans and then realized last Tuesday that I only had a few days left to arrange something. No one was able to go at my Tuesday knitting group BUT then I got a phone call that someone had canceled from another group of friends and I could take her place!

I said yes immediately and I'm leaving today and I'll be back on Sunday. All I know is that we are staying with someone's friend and I'm not driving. My daughter is taking care of the animals and my house and I am off. Usually, I plan and anticipate everything so this is a nice change for me. Hopefully the weather is nice and I'll have a chance to find some spectacular things to send to my Secret Pal 10, my coffee swap pal and my sockapalooza pal who does not want a wool pair of socks!(too bad I have more wool sock yarns then I've live long enough to knit!)

5 comments:

Katya said...

Oh, I hope you have a WONDERFUL time and will look forward to hearing all about it!

Amanda Cathleen said...

hope you have a great trip girl! Can't wait to read about it : )

Denise in PA said...

OK...I'm super jealous! :) Have a wonderful time and buy lots of goodies...and don't forget to get yourself something super special!

Sharon said...

I hope you had a fantastic time!! Some of the ladies from my knitting group went too (no reason for me to go, no wool knitting, LOL)

You are going to have to flash your buy when you get back!!

Sharon said...

frances! You've been tagged! Visit my blog for details...