Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fiber Ornaments




I spent this afternoon doing a fun little project. I needed a holiday craft to sent away in a swap and I need some handmade things to use as parts of little gifts, so I made these scrap ball ornaments. I really like the way they came out and I was able to use stuff that was mostly in the house. All I did was cut scrap fabrics into strips and wrap them around the styrofoam balls then wrap some red silk yarn aroundthe ball and made a place to hang with a bead and a pin. I'm thinking of these as Christmas ornaments but I think they would also look great in a bowl on a table.

4 comments:

Katya said...

Very nicey done, Frances! They sure are pretty. And I would agree they would look fine in a glass bowl on the table! (and easier to care for than flowers!)

I remember years ago someone did something similar. They used little pieces of fabric cut into squares. brushed the backside with glue, then placed them randomly to form "patchwork".

I really like the colors you chose!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! They are so pretty.

Amanda Cathleen said...

Lovely! I love that idea.
I'm glad to hear that your ok!

Denise in PA said...

Mine looks lovely on my tree. Yes, my tree is still up. I hate taking it down and undecorating the house. It's so depressing to me. And, besides the tree is so pretty and I love the lights. BUT...it's a real tree and must come down BEFORE the needles do! LOL