Saturday, November 24, 2007

My favorite place for a cup of coffee

What is the ideal setting for enjoying the perfect cup of coffee? Who would be there - or would you be alone? Inside or out? Morning or night? With food or just the steaming cup of joe?

My family has a house at the beach. We are ten houses from the ocean. I get up early year round (sad consequence of a long commute). I love to slip out of the house and bring a cup of coffee, a book or some mindless knitting and just sit and relax in the gazebo. It's so quiet and peaceful. I watch surfers, people fishing, grandmas walking with wide awake babies to keep them from waking up a whole house!

In the summer I love to go out in my backyard and read the paper and have my coffee before the rest of the neighborhood is up.

2 comments:

Siercia said...

My favorite "everyday" favorite space is to sit on the couch in my living room and watch the birds coming to my birdfeeder. I only really enjoy that when I've got the house to myself, which is too rare of an occurance, really.

I *really* love taking my coffee down to one of the picnic tables right by the lake at the cabin we rent for a week in the summer. But that's once a year, so I can hardly count it.

Secret Pal said...

Oh I would be in heaven ...lol I do miss my beach especially the Jersey shore! To take a long walk in the sand along the waters edge with coffee in hand...Heaven! lol