Monday, January 19, 2009

sockacide

Sockacide--is there a word for something that was killing socks? I have a large collection of handmade socks that I have been working on for a many years. I love my socks, they are so comfortable and keep my square, fat feets so warm! Well, for the last few weeks HUGE holes have been showing up in my socks! I have discovered the culprit. I got a new pair of Birkenstock clogs. Also so comfy but I realized that the edge on the back was cutting holes in my socks. So now I have to wear my new comfortable shoes with the few commercial socks that I own. I guess not a major serious huge problem but quite annoying. So now I've been re knitting the holes in the socks or darning them depending on the size. I do have some left over yarn from the initial knitting but not for all of them so I have some very unusual patches on my soles.

I signed up on Ravlery for the National Knit A Sweater a Month Insanity! Since I joined, I've made two scarves, a hat and I'm working on another scarf. AND I don't make scarves usually. So where are my sweaters and vests? Well I started the Big Bebe Noro vest and the noro rib warmer also. Last night I also cast on the Hemlock blanket but pulled it out. Maybe I need to join a Startitis Support Group. Well I'm off to work on something until I fall asleep!

2 comments:

Katya said...

Oh Frances, how awful about the socks! Darn Birkies!!!! At least you can repair the socks. I used to wear clogs all the time. I was just looking for a pair of those nice fleece-lined clog slippers. Those would feel soooo nice!

You are so amazing with your knitting. I have given up on the idea until at least the kids are out of school! I need time and it is so hard to find anymore! When they were tiny, I used to get up in the middle of the night to knit. Now, I don't think I could do that!

BTW, I meant to tell you I love that photo so much of kitty with the goodies you made!!!

Katya said...

Oh Frances, how awful about the socks! Darn Birkies!!!! At least you can repair the socks. I used to wear clogs all the time. I was just looking for a pair of those nice fleece-lined clog slippers. Those would feel soooo nice!

You are so amazing with your knitting. I have given up on the idea until at least the kids are out of school! I need time and it is so hard to find anymore! When they were tiny, I used to get up in the middle of the night to knit. Now, I don't think I could do that!

BTW, I meant to tell you I love that photo so much of kitty with the goodies you made!!!