Saturday, June 10, 2006

News from the Hospital

Hi, as soon as I finished writing the post this morning I got a call from the hospital and Bob pulled out his breathing tube last night and while they were trying to reconnect him they realized that he was breathing well on his own! They were shocked that he could tolerate it!!!!! The liver numbers are still very bad , the highest and worst they have been BUT they are getting bad slower then before SO MAYBE he can last longer on that crummy bit of functioning liver that he has. He is very confused and showing a much higher level of dementia then before so it really is a trip trying to keep him in bed and keep explaining why he can't go home and what happened! All he remembers is falling off the bus. Today is Knitting in Public Day so I did my part and knit at the hospital ALL day!

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

ALL day? I haven't managed to knit in three days. I have my STR socks about finished, another inch or so on the cuffs and then I'm done...done...done...heels and all! I'm glad to hear Bob is getting a bit better and that his liver seems to be holding its own. It must be hard seeing his dementia worsening. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.