Monday, April 07, 2008

Signs of Spring

I'm in New Jersey and Spring is certainly popping up here. I have a few clumps of daffodils up in the garden and a whatever other spring bulb got planted out there and continue to struggle up every year in spite of being neglected. My peony plants have lots of shoots, there are green leaves pushing their way up and the flowering tree buds are just ready to open. Now everything has been just like this is years past and a freaky round of snow or freezing weather nipped it all BUT I'm hoping we have had a end to all that for this year!

2 comments:

Katya said...

It sounds as though you are a good deal ahead of us as far as growing things! As much as I love the winter, it really is nice to see all the new growth springing forth from the ground. It will also be nice to see some color in the woods....drab grays and browns get "old" after awhile!

Secret Pal said...

Oh peonies :) I love them when they are opened up all the way. And Lilacs, gosh lilacs, sure do love those, all the oclors of them too! Sound sliek spring is springing finally your way!

SFCoffee Pal