Sunday, June 21, 2009

The End of the Weekend

For whatever reason this week end seems to have gone on forever! Friday I had to go from Brooklyn to PA for the funeral of the father of a friend/coworker. He was a good man who died too early.

Friday evening I went to see The Taking of Pelham123. Good movie --a bit too violent for my taste.

Sat.morning I was up early, took the dog to the groomer, ( he looks so much better now--smells better too )and then went out to breakfast at a local Friendly's. This was a restaurant Bob and I went to very often when the kids were young. What a disappointment. It was run down, empty and looked like it was about ready to close.

While Gizmo was gone I popped into Home Depot and picked up my Father's Day gift to myself. I got a copper "thing" that waters the lawn. It is about 3 feet high and has two spinning wheels that are spin around powered by the water. It really looks nice. I also got myself 4 hanging baskets for my black iron hangers. I'd like the rain to stop long enough that I could spend some time outside!I spent a few hours weeding and cutting back some "stuff" which is trying to take over the driveway fence.AND the rain started again!

THEN,I was off to getting a manicure and pedicure. Nicely relaxing. I picked up a pizza and a quick grocery shopping and spent the rest of the evening reading a good book.

Today was cleaning and laundry and sorting and tossing. How did all this junk that I'm tossing ever get into this house? I spent the rest of the day reading a book by a young man with Aspergers. JUST 5 MORE DAYS OT GET UP EARLY FOR WORK!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Katya said...

Well, another busy weekend for you! You sure keep busy!

That is a shame about the restaurant. So many seem to just disappear or go into complete disrepair.

Hope little Gizmo likes the new look! (and smell!!!hehehehe)

I hear you about "junk"! Every time I turn around, there is soooooo much STUFF that needs to be sorted. I could spend hours and hours just trying to put things away. Better yet, I think I would just fill boxes and boxes of "stuff" and take them all to the Salvation Army. Mark's dad passed away 4 years ago this past January and we STILL have a few boxes of his things sitting in the basement. Mark wants to try to sell some of it on Ebay. Ugh...more WORK!!! Of course, now that the kids are old enough, perhaps we could have them help us set it all up and photograph...give them each a "commission". Hmmmmm....might be onto something here!!!!

Well, only THREE days left now!

Hope you have lots of FUN things planned for the summer. And some relaxation, too!!!!