Sunday, June 14, 2009

NJ Guild's Quilt Show

Yesterday I had a busy day. Up early, did some quick housework then off to meet my friend to go to the quilt show. I did observe Worldwide Knit in Public Day by knitting in front of Zebu while I was waiting for my friend. We grabbed coffee and a quick snack to go and we were at the quilt show before it opened. I love this show, I've been attending for years. The only two years I missed were when Bob was in the hospital and the year after that. There were beautiful quilts both new and old. I am so amazed at beautiful work done by women who live in NJ! I make quick fun to make quilt but some of these are really works of art and just wonderful.

Well, there are vendors of course and I brought home another dozen fat quarters, a great apron themed applique quilt pattern,a ruler and rotary cutter to make circles, a small red work flower kit, and a roller kit to pick up hairs and lint etc. This I already used!

I spent the rest of the day reorganizing, doing laundry and really giving my downstairs a good spring cleaning. Got that in just at the end of spring! This morning I washed all the floors and now my back aches and all I want to do is go back to sleep! Another rainy day here in NJ.

1 comment:

Katya said...

You do SOOOOO much in a day!

Glad the quilt show was fun for you. Sounds like you picked up some useful items as well.

We didn't get more than a few sprinkles here yesterday.