Saturday, July 26, 2008

getting lots of kniting done

This was a good knitting week for me. I went to my regular Tuesday group and then had some of the women over to knit Thursday and yesterday I took a vacation day from my vacation and spent most of the day relaxing and knitting. I got my new STR club selection and I REALLY want to knit up this yarn. I can't cast n yet because I already have two socks on the needles, one is a really nice German yarn that Debbie gave me and the other is my last STR club yarn which I lost for a month. I was in my WW bag so that shows how serious I am about WW this summer. I might break my own rule but I'm not sure yet!

I did try to take a nap in the hammock I got myself for Father's Day. We have been in this house for years and I have a nice shady yard with beautiful trees and I always wanted a hammock and I finally got one. So yesterday I stretched out in it to look at the new sock patterns from STR and I drifted off the sleep. I woke up to the noise of my pattern blowing away and I grabbed for it. Well, you can't make sudden moves in a hammock so I got dumped out and I swear the dog was laughing! So I went back into the AC house and knitted and napped. I have the Lady February sweater done to the armhole divide. This sweater seems to be eating yarn much faster then the pattern indicates so I'm glad that I ordered more on Ebay.

Well, I have another baby quilt to make so I'm off to quilt then knit.

1 comment:

Katya said...

Sorry....

HOW FUNNY!!!! I can just SEE the dog laughing!!!!! Egads, hope you didn't get hurt, but that is too much!

We had a wonderful hammock when we were building the house, but it eventually had worn out. I have been wanting another, but....

Glad you got to take a bit of a vacation....