Monday, July 07, 2008

July 7th

I've been very busy but a good type of busy. So far since I've been off from work,
* I've caught up on all sorts of household stuff,
* power washed most of my house using my own power of a scrub brush and a bucket of cleaner ( I did get a power washer from my sister to finish! -- Just could not get Caroline up on a ladder for the third level),
* made a really nice baby quilt with prairie points,
* did a yo yo stuffed puppy for my niece's new baby
* made a quick knotted fleece Yankee blanket for the same baby
* bought new living room furniture
* carried out the old couch (with the help of Caroline & Katie)
* switched the old living room furniture to the family room and the family room stuff to Caroline's sitting room
* started refinishing the kitchen cabinets
* ordered two new cabinets for the kitchen
* made machine embroidered heart pillow for me
* went to the quilt shop to get another lifetime supply of fabric
* celebrated Natalie's college graduation

My daughter is threatening to send me back to work so that she can get some rest! I made a list of stuff I wanted to do before I go back to work in September and I am making progress!

Today I am going out for lunch with friends and the most energetic thing I have planned is knitting on my sock and folding laundry!

4 comments:

Katya said...

WOW!!!! Frances, you are getting so much accomplished! I can understand Caroline's sentiments...My house needs so many things done inside, but Mark thinks he has to supervise every little thing I do....UGH! He is a perfectionist, so you can understand WHY nothing gets done...

How are you refinishing the kitchen cabinets? I have cherry cabinets that are only about 16 years old...they SHOULD still look nice, but Benjamin antiqued them long ago. Little boys can be so hard on a house!!!!!

Katya said...

WOW!!!! Frances, you are getting so much accomplished! I can understand Caroline's sentiments...My house needs so many things done inside, but Mark thinks he has to supervise every little thing I do....UGH! He is a perfectionist, so you can understand WHY nothing gets done...

How are you refinishing the kitchen cabinets? I have cherry cabinets that are only about 16 years old...they SHOULD still look nice, but Benjamin antiqued them long ago. Little boys can be so hard on a house!!!!!

Frances said...

I am taking the doors off and the hinges. Washing everything VERY WELL with TSP, sanding lightly then using a primer then reguular simigloss interior paint. My sister did her cabinets this way 2 years ago and they still look great. I'm painting them a color called Deep Fig and the counters are a formica or whatever the cheapest counters in Lowes are and it is a mixture of browns and cream amd goldish tan. It's an imitation of the stone or granit I would get if I had money!

Katya said...

Sorry about the double entry, Frances. Not too sure how it even happened!!!! (Blogger hiccup?)

Wow, that sounds like some work, but I bet those cabinets re going to be fabulous! The colors sound so appealing! I hope we get to see pictures!!!!! Those formica counters are probably a LOT more practical than granite. Granite can stain and when it does, the only way to fix it is to have someone come in and sand and refinish it. Can you say $$$?