Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rhinebeck WOW

What could motivate five women to be on the road by 7:30 on a Sat. morning! Rhinbeck This was my first time at Rhinebeck and all I can say is it will not be my last, actually I would still be there walking around if I had my preference! I didn't even buy as much as I thought I might but my mind is full of fibers, fleece and everything connected. The first thing on our agenda (after mandatory restroom visits) was the Fold booth. We got there shortly after 10:00 and the place was mobbed with a line down the aisle for addicts waiting to pay. It was dazzling to see ALLthose colorways right before the eyes. I restrained myself and just got two skeins lagoon and dreidle. The rest of the day was less pressured, relaxing fun. I found a cute needle felting kit to make pumpkins, I'm splitting some beautiful romney blend fleece with a friend and some silk merino lace weight yarn with her mother! I bought something for my Secret Pal 9 and a few skeins of an organic cotton & ecospun for scrubbies and wash cloths. BUT what was really great was just wandering around for hours looking and feeling the most delightful yarns and fibers, meeting people I know, spending time with my knitting friends, eating a delicious chicken pot pie for lunch, meeting the Yarn Harlot and seeing her wedding shawl, getting complements on the shawl I was wearing. I'll get to Rhinebeck next year if I have to crawl. And I also have Stitches to look forward to in two weeks!!!!!

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Yay for you!

Unknown said...

OMG..I would have loved to be a birdie with money on your shoulder. The Yarn Harlot wedding shawl must have been amazing.
Can hardluy wait to see pictures of your goodies from Rhinebeck all made up.

Amanda Cathleen said...

aahhh!! I was there too, and I missed you!! urghhh!!!!
Sounds like you had a good time, and picked up some great goodies : )

Denise in PA said...

OK, you're making me envious! :) Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and a great lunch!