Friday, October 06, 2006

Secret Pal 9 questions and answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?I love knitting with wool, silk, alpaca. I hate crunchy acrylic yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A pottery jug
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting since I was a child. My grandmother taught me.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)patchouli, karma, vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I have a serious sweet tooth. I love chocolate, the darker the better.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love to quilt, and do redwork. I have done some spinning and I'd like to start again. I make cold process soap, lotions, creams and scrubs.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I love classical music and still love Simon and Garfunkle.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love blues, greens, purple. I can't stand neon colors.
10. What is your family situation? I have two college age children a son and a daughter. My husband of 24 years passed away this summer.
Do you have any pets? I have two cats and one dog, the ruler of the house!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, hats and mittens. I leave ponchos to the younger, thinner people!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I am addicted to sock making.
13. What are you knitting right now? a pair of socks and a fir and cone wrap
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love receiving handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular needles. I have lots of addis and just got a set of Knitpicks Options.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have an old winder, no swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? About 25 years old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Boleslawiec polish pottery, yarn, quilting fabric, books!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have most of what I want!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? knitting and purling backwards, entralac.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I knit socks compulsively! 9 1/2 inches from toe to end of heel, and 9 1/2 around!
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) August 5th 1951

No comments: